Street Improvement Project (FY 2019-20)
The work comprises, but is not limited to: Mobilization; Traffic Control; selective 2-inch grind and 2-inch AC overlay; 1.5-inch full-width grind and overlay; crack seal; application of Type 1 conventional slurry; and restoration of striping, pavement markings, and legends.
Depending on the existing condition and needs of a street, the repair work may consist of the following:
1. Removal by grinding small pavement sections and overlaying deteriorated asphalt pavement (patch work);
2. Removal by grinding full-width sections and overlaying asphalt pavement;
3. Crack sealing; and
4. Slurry sealing over the entire pavement.
Slurry sealing is a preventative maintenance process that is designed to prolong the life of the asphalt surface and avoid the development of potholes.
The following are residential work areas included in this project:
1. Summit Ranch Area – Residential public street bounded by Turquoise Circle (from Cinnabar Court to Topaz Street) to the west, Cinnabar Court and Feldspar Drive to the north, Feldspar Drive to the east, and Carbon Canyon Road to the south; and
2. Green Valley Area – Residential public streets bounded by Morningside Drive (including cul-de-sacs) to the west, Frost Avenue to the north, Green Valley Drive to the east, and
3. Mountain View Area – Residential public streets bounded by Pebble Beach Lane to the west, Winged Foot Way to the north, Pipeline Avenue/ Firestone Lane to the east; and Soquel Canyon Parkway to the south; and
4. Rolling Ridge Area – Residential public streets generally bounded by Calle San Marcos to the west, Chino Avenue to the north, Peyton Drive to the east, and Grand Avenue to the south.
5. Images Area – Residential public streets bounded by Pacific Vista to the west, Grand Avenue to the north, Fontainbleau Lane to the east, and Payne Ranch neighborhood to the south; and
6. Galloping Hills Area – Residential public streets bounded by Galloping Hills Road to the west, north, and east, and Eucalyptus Avenue to the south.
Current Construction Activities:
This project is complete.
50 working days
Fe Rama, Senior Engineer