FY 2020-21 Street Improvement Project
The work comprises, but is not limited to: Mobilization; Traffic Control; selective 2-inch grind and 2-inch AC overlay; 1.5-inch full-width grind and overlay; 5-foot wide tapered grind (0.00-0.12’-depth) and 0.12’ full-width overlay; crack seal; application of Type I conventional slurry; adjustment of exiting manholes to grade; adjustment of water valve can covers; and restoration of striping, pavement markings, and legends.
Depending on the existing condition and needs of a street, the repair work may consist of the following:
- Removal by grinding small pavement sections and overlaying deteriorated asphalt pavement (patch work);
- Removal by grinding full-width sections and overlaying asphalt pavement;
- Crack sealing; and
- Slurry sealing over the entire pavement.
Slurry sealing is a preventative maintenance process that is designed to prolong the life of the asphalt surface and avoid the development of potholes.
Base Bid Area
- Scenic Ridge Area – Residential public streets bounded by Scenic Ridge Drive to the north and west, Rimrock Avenue to the south, and Homeridge Lane to the east; and
- Gabriel Drive, et al. – Residential public streets listed as follows: Gabriel Drive from Peyton Drive to end, Painter Drive from Gabriel Drive to end, Georgetown Lane from Glenridge Drive to Ashley Court, Glenridge Drive from Peyton Drive to the west gate, Ashley Court from Georgetown Lane to Peyton Drive, Delancey Court from Georgetown Lane to end, and Ilex Drive from Glenridge Drive to end; and
- Tern Street, et al. – Residential public streets bounded by Valle Vista Drive to the north, Peyton Drive to the west, Sprigs Street to the east, and Bayberry Drive to the south; and
- West Summit Ranch Area – Residential public streets bounded by Turquoise Circle (North) from Cinnabar Court to Halite Court, and Halite Court from Turquoise Circle (North) to end; and
- Los Serranos Area – Residential public street of Williams Avenue from Yorba Avenue to Cecelia Street.
Additive Bid Area A
- South Summit Ranch Area – Residential public streets bounded by Turquoise Circle (North) and Dolomite Drive to the north, Pyrite Court to the west, Rhyolite court to the east, and Azurite Drive to the south.
Additive Bid Area B
- Cottontrail Area – Residential public streets bounded by Rock Springs Drive to the south, Scenic Ridge Drive to the east, Elm Tree Lane to the west, and Hillsborough Lane to the north.
Current Construction Activities:
Please note the following advice during construction:
- Project work area includes several neighborhoods with the City limits and various phases of repair work will be done accordingly;
- “No Parking” signs will be posted on particular streets at least 48 hours in advance prior to the scheduled work;
- Work hours will be limited to 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM (unless the Contractor still need to allow the pavement or slurry seal to dry completely prior to opening to vehicular traffic);
- “Door Hangers” will be distributed at least 48 hours in advance at those areas/streets receiving slurry seal treatment; and
- Residents are advised to park their vehicles outside the repair work limits if they plan to travel during the construction work.