- About Us
- Major Construction
- FY 2021-22 Street Improvement Project
FY 2021-22 Street Improvement Project
The work comprises, but is not limited to: mobilization; traffic control; selective 2-inch grind and 2-inch AC overlay; 5-foot wide tapered grind (0.00 - .12’-depth); adjustment of utility manhole covers and water valve can covers as necessary; crack seal; application of Type I conventional slurry; restoration of speed hump in kind; and restoration of striping, pavement markings/ markers, and legends, in the various residential streets in Chino Hills.
Depending on the existing condition and needs of a street, the repair work may consist of the following:
1. Removal by grinding small pavement sections and overlaying deteriorated asphalt pavement (patch work); and
2. Removal by grinding 5-foot wide sections and full-width overlaying asphalt pavement; and
3. Crack sealing; and
4. Slurry sealing over the entire pavement.
Slurry sealing is a preventative maintenance process that is designed to prolong the life of the asphalt surface and avoid the development of potholes.
https://www.chinohills.org/documentcenter/view/25043/fy-2021-22-street-improvement-noe Notice of Exemption (NOE) - Filed March 23, 2022
Project Work Areas
- Morningfield Drive, Et Al. – Residential public streets bounded by Eucalyptus Avenue to the north, Peyton Drive to the east, and Morningfield Drive to the west and south; and
- Champion Area – Residential public streets bounded by Eucalyptus Avenue on the north, Morningfield Drive to the east, Chino Hills Parkway to the west, Champion Street to the south; and
- Paseo Del Palacio, Et Al. – Residential public streets bounded by Eucalyptus Ave to the north and west, Carbon Canyon Road to the east; and
- Paseo Grande, Et Al. – Residential public streets of Paseo Grande, Calle Barcelona, Vista Del Sol, Calle Del Oro, Camino Arroyo, Avenida Del Monte; and
- Vista Del Norte, Et Al. – Residential public streets of Vista Del Norte, Calle Lomita, Calle Miramar, and Via La Loma.
Current Construction Activities:
Slurry Seal Repair
The City's contractor, Vance Corp., has scheduled the slurry seal application repair from Tuesday, June 20, 2023, through Thursday, June 22, 2023 (weather permitting). Please review the slurry repair location map and listing below indicating the streets to be "re-slurried."
Note that a "door hanger" notice will be distributed and posted/hung on doors and/or gates of all affected residents advising of the actual date that the slurry seal work will be performed. We ask for residents' cooperation to please observe the "No Parking" signs and street closures during construction, and to please follow the important tips below to help ensure the slurry seal is applied successfully:
- NO DRIVING OR ACCESS ALLOWED on the street during the application of slurry seal.
- To prevent tire scuff marks, AVOID TURNING THE STEERING WHEEL WHEN VEHICLE IS PARKED. When wheels are turned in a stationary position, they create a lot of friction with the asphalt/ slurry and tend to leave scuff marks.
In addition, please refer to the Street Improvement Projects Brochure below for more information and tips pertaining to the slurry process.
Slurry Repair Location Listing and Map (PDF)
Street Improvement Brochure (PDF)
40 working days
Point of Contact:
Fe Rama, Senior Engineer
Phone: (909) 364-2776