FY 2021-22 Street Improvement Project
The work comprises, but is not limited to: mobilization; traffic control; selective 2-inch grind and 2-inch AC overlay; 5-foot wide tapered grind (0.00 - .12’-depth); adjustment of utility manhole covers and water valve can covers as necessary; crack seal; application of Type I conventional slurry; restoration of speed hump in kind; and restoration of striping, pavement markings/ markers, and legends, in the various residential streets in Chino Hills.
Depending on the existing condition and needs of a street, the repair work may consist of the following:
1. Removal by grinding small pavement sections and overlaying deteriorated asphalt pavement (patch work); and
2. Removal by grinding 5-foot wide sections and full-width overlaying asphalt pavement; and
3. Crack sealing; and
4. Slurry sealing over the entire pavement.
Slurry sealing is a preventative maintenance process that is designed to prolong the life of the asphalt surface and avoid the development of potholes.
Notice of Exemption (NOE) - Filed March 23, 2022
Project Work Areas
- Morningfield Drive, Et Al. – Residential public streets bounded by Eucalyptus Avenue to the north, Peyton Drive to the east, and Morningfield Drive to the west and south; and
- Champion Area – Residential public streets bounded by Eucalyptus Avenue on the north, Morningfield Drive to the east, Chino Hills Parkway to the west, Champion Street to the south; and
- Paseo Del Palacio, Et Al. – Residential public streets bounded by Eucalyptus Ave to the north and west, Carbon Canyon Road to the east; and
- Paseo Grande, Et Al. – Residential public streets of Paseo Grande, Calle Barcelona, Vista Del Sol, Calle Del Oro, Camino Arroyo, Avenida Del Monte; and
- Vista Del Norte, Et Al. – Residential public streets of Vista Del Norte, Calle Lomita, Calle Miramar, and Via La Loma.