FY 2022-23 Street Improvement Project
The City of Chino Hills commits at least $1 million in road maintenance projects every year to ensure our streets are always well-maintained. Road maintenance helps extend the life of the roadway. Slurry sealing is a preventative maintenance process that is designed to prolong the life of the asphalt surface and avoid the development of potholes.
Annual street improvement projects are included each year in the City's Capital Improvement Program and prioritized pursuant to the City's Pavement Management Program. The FY 2022-23 street improvement project includes seven miles of streets at a cost of $1.25 million. The bulk of the project will be completed near residential areas along Peyton Drive and Chino Avenue including the neighborhoods near Eagle Canyon School and behind 99 Ranch Market.
The work comprises but is not limited to: mobilization; traffic control; 3-inch full-width grind and 3-inch AC overlay; selective 2-inch grind and 2-inch AC overlay; 5-foot wide tapered grind (0.00 - .12’-depth); adjustment of utility manhole covers and water valve can covers as necessary; crack seal; application of Type I conventional slurry; restoration of speed hump in kind; and restoration of striping, pavement markings/ markers, and legends, in the various residential streets in Chino Hills.
Depending on the existing condition and needs of a street, the repair work may consist of the following:
- Removal by grinding small pavement sections and overlaying deteriorated asphalt pavement (patch work); and
- Removal by grinding 5-foot wide sections and full-width overlaying asphalt pavement; and
- Crack sealing; and
- Slurry sealing over the entire pavement.
Project Work Areas
- Rolling Ridge Vista Residential Area, Et. Al. - Residential public streets of Stagecoach Trail, Highgate Court, Glen Court; and
- Wandering Ridge Drive Residential Area, Et. Al. - Residential public streets of Wandering Ridge Drive, Silver Ridge Drive, Jerome Court, Gemstone Court, Keystone Court, Diamond Drive, Mesa Bluff Court, Miners Trail; and
- Skyview Ridge Residential Area, Et. Al. - Residential public streets bounded by Peyton Drive to the west, Softwind Drive to the south, Chino Avenue to the north; and
- Royal Ridge Residential Area, Et. Al. - Residential public streets bounded by Peyton Drive to the west, Olympic View to the north; and
- Meadow Crest Drive, Et. Al. - Residential public streets of Olympic View Drive, Moonshadow Place, Meadow Crest Drive, Royal Court, and Royal Ridge Drive; and
- Chino Avenue - Eastbound lane of Chino Avenue between Eagle Canyon Drive and Stetson Way.
Current Construction Activities:
The project was awarded to Vance Corporation on May 24, 2023. Construction began in early June 2023. Major construction activities were completed on August 2023, with minor items to be completed by the end of November 2023.
Please note the following advice during construction:
- The project work area includes several neighborhoods within the City limits and various phases of repair work will be done accordingly.
- "No Parking" signs will be posted on particular streets at least 48 hours in advance prior to the scheduled work;
- Work hours will be limited to 7:00 am to 3:30 pm (unless the contractor still needs to allow the pavement or slurry seal to dry completely prior to opening to vehicular traffic);
- "Door Hangers" will be distributed at least 48 hours in advance at those areas/streets receiving slurry seal treatment; and
- Residents are advised to park their vehicles outside the repair work limits if they plan to travel during the construction work.
Point of Contact:
Victor Yanez, Senior Engineer
Phone: (909) 364-2755
Email: email@example.com mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org