The City of Chino is beginning construction along Grand Avenue and Pipeline Avenue. The project limits are on Grand Ave. from State Route 71 (SR-71) to Pipeline Ave., and Pipeline Ave. from Grand Ave. to Eucalyptus Ave. The duration of this work started on March 6, 2023, and is anticipated to be completed by March 31, 2023, weather permitting. Lane closures and SR-71 off-ramp closures will be in place throughout different portions of the project. All lanes will reopen each day after 4:00 pm, but please note that the road surface may be uneven until the project is completed.
Project details provided by the City of Chino are as follows:
- Grand Avenue from Roswell Avenue to Pipeline Avenue
- Pipeline Avenue from Grand Avenue to Eucalyptus Avenue
- SR-71 Off-Ramp
- March 8 - March 31: work will take place between 7:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- March 8 - March 10: Cold Mill operations begin at Grand Avenue and SR-71 off-ramp and will move east towards Pipeline.
- March 13 - March 17: Work will begin on Pipeline at Grand Avenue and move south. Additionally, asphalt work will continue on Grand Avenue at the SR-71 off-ramp and move east towards Pipeline Avenue. SR-71 Off-Ramp to be closed as asphalt work is completed.
- March 20 - March 31 Cap paving begins at Pipeline Avenue and Eucalyptus and moves north to Grand Avenue.
More About The Project:
The purpose of the project is to grind and repave the roads, resulting in a smoother ride. The project team is committed to minimizing any disruption to the community while working to enhance the quality of the roads. Throughout the project, local businesses will have access to their premises at all times. Drivers are advised to plan their journeys accordingly and allow extra time for travel, and follow posted detours as necessary. Cooperation from the public is appreciated as the project moves forward.