Vila Borba Dog Park
While visiting the dog park, please remember use of the dog park constitutes your agreement to follow the rules outlined in the City of Chino Hills Municipal Code and waives all liability claims for injury or damage arising from or in connection with such use brought against the City, it’s elected officials, officers, employees, contractors, and agents. Dog handlers assume all risk related to dog park use including injuries or damage caused by their dogs. Persons entering the off-leash dog area do so at their own risk.
30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset
Every Tuesday from 6:00 am to 11:00 am for regular maintenance.
The dog park will close during wet weather and will remain closed during periods of rain to prevent damage to the grounds. Closures may last up to three days after the rain stops.
You can find out the latest information on Dog Park closures by calling the City’s Field Condition Hotline at 909-364-2738.
Large Dog Area: Dogs over 25 lbs. or taller than 18" are considered large. Small dogs are permitted at owners risk.
Small Dog Area: Maximum 25 lbs. and/or Maximum 18" tall. Geriatric dogs are permitted at owner's risk.
Dog Park Rules
- Ensure that dogs are properly licensed and vaccinated prior to visiting the dog park.
- Dog handlers under the age of 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs are to be leashed until they are safely inside the dog park transition area. Dogs must be re-leashed prior to exiting the dog park.
- Owners must supervise dogs at all times and intervene if any rough play or digging occurs.
- Dogs must be removed for the remainder of the day if behavior becomes aggressive or barking becomes excessive.
- Remove and properly dispose of dog waste in provided receptacles.
- Handlers bringing more than three (3) dogs into the park at a time.
- Dogs that are not comfortable around other dogs.
- Aggressive dogs, dogs in heat, and puppies younger than four (4) months old.
- Food of any kind (including dog treats).
- Children’s strollers, children’s toys, wheeled toys, or dog strollers.
- Unattended or abandoned dogs.
- Professional dog training or other special events without prior approval from the City’s Community Services Department.
Note: If a dog injures a person or another animal, the person responsible for the dog shall immediately provide the dog owner's name and address, as well as any insurance information requested by or on behalf of the injured person, or by any city employee and shall file a report with the City within five (5) days on a form approved by the Community Services Director.
Additional Dog Park Etiquette
- Be courteous to other dog park users.
- Parents must always supervise their children.
- Children should not run, chase, scream, or behave in any other way that might excite dogs.
- Refrain from filling holes with decomposed granite.
- Keep an eye on your dog at all times.
- Individual equipment such as chairs, tables, canopies, agility courses, obstacles, etc. are not allowed.
- Animals other than dogs are not allowed.
- Remove pronged collars from dogs.
- Keep dogs from crowding new dogs that are entering the park.
- Use caution when considering advice provided by other park visitors who are not dog professionals.
Patrons visiting the dog park must follow all other Vila Borba Park rules.
Report inappropriate behavior to the City of Chino Hills at (909) 364-2700.
In an emergency, call 911.
For lost or found pets, please contact the Inland Valley Humane Society at (909) 623-9777.