- City Manager's Office
Accessibility Design Guidelines
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- The standard font used throughout the site has been chosen to be easily legible.
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using color. This doesn't mean that colors are not used to organize information; instead it means there are also other, non-color dependent ways of doing this.
- All images and hyperlinks, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means when an image or hyperlink is conveying important information - its content is described with an alternative text.
- We have attempted specifically to comply with Section 508 referring to website accessibility standards.
If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to email the Webmaster.
Tools That Can Assist You In The Use of This Site
Many popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools.
Adobe Acrobat is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website.
To download this program for free, visit the Adobe website.
To read PDF documents with a screen reader, please link to the Access Adobe website which provides useful tools and resources.
Browsealoud is a software program that reads website content aloud. As visitors move their cursor over words on the City of Chino Hills website, the words are spoken audibly. This unique feature makes the City website accessible to a greater percentage of citizens.
Browsealoud's program is especially beneficial for those with:
- Mild visual impairment
- Low literacy skills (it will speak the words for you)
- Attention deficit issues (children and adults alike)
Choose the voice that will be used to read aloud, how the voice pronounces words and the accent used. (Note that Browsealoud does not translate web content.)
For Browsealoud support, please e-mail or call toll free at (888) 248-0652. The Browsealoud toll free fax number is (866) 248-0652.