Late Fees/Water Shut-off
What Does This Mean for Customers?
- If you do not have an overdue balance on your utility account, you are not affected and there is no change to your service.
- If you have an overdue balance on your account, you will be mailed a Shut-Off Notice to the service address that will provide the overdue balance amount and will specify the last day you can make a payment to avoid water shutoff. Contact Utility Billing Customer Service at (909) 364-2660 to learn more.
- Five Easy Ways to Pay Your Utility Bill
- City Low-Income Rate Assistance Program
- CA COVID-19 Rent and Utility Relief Program
- Low Income Household Water Assistance Program
Late Fees / Water Shut-off
Bills for utility service are due and payable upon presentation and subject to discontinuation of service if not paid within sixty (60) days from the date of the bill. The City’s Policy on Discontinuation of Residential Water Service for Non-Payment can be found below. If payment is not received within 45 days from the bill date, a 10% penalty will be applied to the account (the minimum penalty is $10.00) on the 46th day when the Shut-Off Notice is generated. All delinquent accounts not paid by the 60th calendar day after the bill date will have water service discontinued without further notice.
In 2022, The City of Chino Hills discontinued water service for 895 accounts that were 60 days delinquent or more
Policy on Discontinuation of Residential Water Service for Non-Payment
If your water service has been locked off, please contact Utility Billing Customer Service at 909-364-2660. If you are scheduled to be locked off or have received a final Shut-Off notice, online payments cannot be made at this point, doing so will not prevent you from being locked off.
If service is discontinued due to non-payment, a reconnection charge, full payment of the amount due and any associated penalties will be required in order to restore service. An additional deposit may also be required. To avoid the after-hours reconnection fee, payment must be received in the City’s offices no later than 3:30 pm Monday through Thursday and no later than 2:30 pm on Friday. Postmarks are not acceptable.
After speaking with Utility Billing Customer Service, if you believe you have been wrongfully charged and wish to dispute a charge on your bill, please complete and submit the form below.