Late Fees/Water Shut-off
What Does This Mean for Customers?
- If you do not have an overdue balance on your utility account, you are not affected and there is no change to your service.
- If you have an overdue balance on your account, you will be mailed a Shut-Off Notice to the service address that will provide the overdue balance amount and will specify the last day you can make a payment to avoid water shutoff. If you cannot pay your outstanding balance in full, the City is offering a one-time opportunity to enroll in a payment plan to assist customers during the transition period. Contact Utility Billing Customer Service at (909) 364-2660 to learn more.
- Five Easy Ways to Pay Your Utility Bill
- City Low-Income Rate Assistance Program
- CA COVID-19 Rent and Utility Relief Program
- Low Income Household Water Assistance Program
Late Fees / Water Shut-off
Bills for utility service are due and payable upon presentation and subject to discontinuation of service if not paid within sixty (60) days from the date of the bill. The City’s Policy on Discontinuation of Residential Water Service for Non-Payment can be found below. If payment is not received within 45 days from the bill date, a 10% penalty will be applied to the account (the minimum penalty is $10.00) on the 46th day when the Shut-Off Notice is generated. All delinquent accounts not paid by the 60th calendar day after the bill date will have water service discontinued without further notice.
Policy on Discontinuation of Residential Water Service for Non-Payment
If your water service has been locked off, please contact Utility Billing Customer Service at 909-364-2660. Online payments cannot be made at this point, doing so will not prevent you from being locked off.
If service is discontinued due to non-payment, a reconnection charge and full payment of the amount due will be required in order to restore service. An additional deposit may be required. To avoid the after-hours reconnection fee, payment must be received in the City’s offices no later than 3:30 pm Monday through Thursday and no later than 2:30 pm on Friday. Postmarks are not acceptable.
If you think you have been wrongfully charged and would like to dispute a charge on your bill, please fill out and submit the form below.