Commercial Permit Applications/Handouts

Commercial & Non-Residential

You will find all applications used by our department for any commercial (non-residential) purposes. If you are unsure of which application you need please email the Community Development Department or contact us at (909) 364-2740.

Application / Information / RequirementsWhen do I Need This Application?
Appeal Information and Application (PDF)To appeal a land use decision made by a reviewing authority other than the City Council.
Building Location Certification (PDF)Building Elevation, Location & Height certification. To be completed by a licensed Land Surveyor or registered Civil Engineer.
Building Permit Application (PDF) Required to do any type of construction in the City. 
Building Permit Authorization (Precise Grade: Commercial & Multi-Family Residential Development) Application (PDF)When submitting precise grading plans / on-site utility plans for a commercial or multifamily development.
Building Permit Authorization (Precise Grade: Residential Single Lot Development) Application (PDF)When submitting precise grading plans / on-site utility plans for a residential single lot development.
Building Permit Authorization (Precise Grade: Tract Development) Application (PDF)To verify design standards and conditions of approval for approved projects prior to any permits issued.
Certificate of Compliance (PDF)This application is required when there is evidence that the lot was created in non-conformance with the requirements of the Subdivision Map Act.
Certificate of Correction (PDF)This application is required for revisions to a Final Map to correct any errors on the subject property.
Certificate of Occupancy (No TI Planned) (PDF)Required before you can occupy your business space and open for business.
Certificate of Occupancy Application (Temporary) (PDF)To open only for training, stocking, and release of utilities prior to building permit final.
Conditional Use Permit Application & Information (PDF)Required for construction, alteration, or expansion of every use that is allowed within a land use district: subject to a conditional use permit.
Conditional Use Permit for Wireless Communication Facilities Application & Information (PDF)Required for major wireless communication facilities, major modifications to an existing wireless communications facility, collocation that is a substantial change to an existing wireless communications facility, or a wireless communications facility located within a residential zone.
Easement or Quitclaim (PDF)This application is required to grant an entity the right to use a piece of property belonging to a separate individual or entity for a specific purpose or to remove such right. 
Equestrian and Large Animal Permit Application & Procedures (PDF)Required for any equestrian and large animal keeping uses or businesses with the Equestrian Large Animal Overlay District.
Erosion Control Information (PDF) Installation, inspection, and approval for construction of soils erosion / sediment control plans.
EV Charging Permit Process (PDF)
Plug-In Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Permitting Process
EV Charging Station Checklist (PDF)This checklist is to be submitted with a building permit application for all electric vehicle service equipment (EVSE) projects.
Extension of Time Information and Application (PDF)To request an extension of time of a conditional approval of a project.
Final Map Application (PDF)This application is required to convert a tentative tract or parcel map to a legal subdivision of land.
Foundation and Slab Design Requirements (PDF) For additions and minor structures.
General Plan and Development Code Amendments Information (PDF)
Required for changes to the general plan, development code, or zoning map.
Geotechnical Report Information (PDF)  
Guidelines for preparation of geotechnical reports.
Grading Information (PDF)
Guidelines for grading.
Grading Inspection Report (PDF) Required for any grading.
Gray Water Systems Information (PDF)California plumbing standards for laundry to landscape simple gray water systems.
Grease Interceptor Requirements (PDF)
Required for all food services establishments.
Grease Interceptor Waiver Request (PDF)
To waive the Grease Interceptor requirement.
Land Use Application Questionnaire (PDF)
Used for all but minor land use applications; "Environmental Study Guidelines" are referenced in the application.
Landscape Plan Review Information and Application (PDF)Required to verify compliance of design standards and conditions of approval for approved projects.
Major Variance Application and Information (PDF)
A procedure to provide relief from zoning provisions when special circumstances applicable to property deprives such property of privileges enjoyed by other properties in the vicinity with the same zoning designations.
Massage Clinic Application (PDF)To open a massage clinic in the City.
Minor-Oriented Business License Application (PDF) This application is for any person(s) who are employed at, or own, a minor-oriented business pursuant to Chapter 5.32 of the Chino Hills Municipal Code. This application is also used for Ice Cream Vendor licenses.
Minor Use Permit Application and Info (PDF)This application is required for the operation, alteration or expansion of a use allowed withing a zoning district pursuant to Appendix A and Section 16.78 of the Chino Hills Municipal Code, and subject to review and approval of the Minor Use Permit.
Minor Use Permit Application for Wireless Communications Facilities (PDF)
Required for minor facilities,and collocations that do not substantially change an existing wireless communications facility.
Minor Variance Application and Information (PDF)This application is required when a minor variance from a development standard is requested.
Non-Structurally Affixed/Non-Illuminated Sign Permit Application (PDF) For signs that are non-electrical and/or non-structural, such as "foam" type signs.
Off-Site Grading Letter Information (PDF)Required when developer needs to work outside of his property, but in conjunction with his project.
Permanent Sign Information and Application (PDF)  For signs that are electrical/illuminated and/or structurally affixed to the building, as well as for Pylon and monument signs.
Plan Check Contact List Information (PDF)List of important phone numbers frequently used during the plan check process.
Plan Preparation / Signature on Plans Information (PDF) Explains how to prepare plans for submittal and required signatures.
Planning Research Application (PDF)
This application is for pre-entitlement review that requires staff time for research, meeting attendance, conference calls, etc., prior to formal application submittal.
Pre-Application Review Information (PDF)To request a preliminary review of a proposed project prior to formal application submittal.
Pre-Grading Meeting Information (PDF)
Explains the purpose and process of a pre-grade meeting.
Property Owner Authorization to Submit Application (PDF)This application is required when a person other than an entity officer or owner is submitting an application on behalf of the entity or owner.
Public Convenience & Necessity (PCN) Application (PDF)This application is required for alcoholic beverage sales determined to be located within a census tract deemed by the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) to have undue concentration for the applicable license type.
Rough Grading Application (PDF)This application is required to review rough grading plans. 
Sewer Fees Information (PDF)Explains the two types of sewer fees collected when a project requires the installation of new plumbing fixtures.
Site Plan Review Application & Submittal Information (PDF)Required for construction, alteration, or expansion of land uses that are permitted within a zoning district; subject to approved site plan.
Soils and Geology Review Information and Application (PDF)
Explains procedure and submittal requirements.
Specific Plan (New or Amendment) (PDF)An application to propose a specific zone with standards that deviate from the current Development Standards.
Special Events Information and Application (PDF)For temporary use property for special events (i.e. fairs, carnivals, religious, pageants, etc.)
Sub-Contractors List Information (PDF)Must be completed prior to certificate of occupancy / building final.
Temporary Banners/Flags Information and Application (PDF)
For temporary advertising of business openings, promotional items, or special events.
Temporary Shade Structures Information (PDF)Provides details about limitations and standards.
Temporary Use Permit Information and Application (Construction Office / Security Office) (PDF)
To obtain a setdown permit for temporary construction or security office.
Temporary Use Permit Information and Application (General) (PDF)To allow certain uses to operate in the City for a defined period of time.
Temporary Use Permit Information and Application (Model Home / Sales Office / Design Center / Sales Trailer and Temporary Signs) (PDF)For temporary use of residential units within recorded subdivisions as sales offices and/or model homes, sales trailer and temporary signs; also to permit temporary advertising structure.
Tenant Improvement Application and Checklist (PDF)
Required for any interior improvements to commercial space.
Tentative Parcel Map (Minor Subdivision) Application and Information (PDF)
Required for subdivision of four or less parcels.

Tentative Tract Map Application and Information (PDF)This application is required to verify compliance of design standards. A “Land Use Questionnaire” is required upon submittal of this application.
Tree Pruning Standards (PDF)International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) tree pruning standards.
Tree Removal Information and Application (PDF)This application is required when it has been deemed necessary to replace, relocate, or remove a native tree or a heritage tree.
Trust Deposit Account (TDA) Application & Agreement (PDF)In order to process a land development project, a Trust Deposit Account (TDA) must be established prior to the City commencing any work on the project.
Waste Reduction and Recycling Plan Application (PDF)This application is required at time of submittal for demolition projects (>500 sq ft); new construction (>= 1,000 sq ft/valuation of $200,000 or more); construction of new residential dwellings; construction of new multifamily dwellings (4 or more units).
Zoning Clearance Application - Sign Program (PDF)
This application applies to commercial centers that wish to have a comprehensive sign program to create consistency for signage in the center or for an amendment to an existing sign program.
Zoning Clearance Application - Wireless (PDF)
Required for minor modifications to an existing wireless communications facility or removal of transmission equipment.
Zoning Clearance Review (PDF)This application is required for review of a proposed change to an approved use or development, and as defined in Chapter 16.79 of the Chino Hills Municipal Code.
Zoning Verification Request Application (PDF)To request a letter verifying zoning for a specific Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN).