Filing a Claim

A Claim for Damages can be filed if you feel that you have lost money or property as a result of any action or inaction by the City of Chino Hills. Claims for damages are filed with the City Clerk’s Office and processed by the City Manager’s Office, Risk Management division, and the City’s third-party claims administrator. No employee of the City may give legal advice to any claimant relating to private claims. The Claimant is advised to consult a private attorney if legal advice is desired.

Claims Policy and Process 

Claims for death, injury to person, or claims for damage to personal property must be filed no later than six (6) months after the occurrence (Gov. Code 911.2). Claims for damages to real property must be filed no later than one (1) year after the occurrence (Gov. Code Sec. 911.2).  Claims for Damages may be submitted online, in person, by email, or by US Mail.

Once claims are received by the City Clerk’s Office, they are referred to the City's third-party claims administrator who reviews your claim and conducts an investigation. Once the investigation is complete, you will be contacted with the conclusion.

How to Submit A Claim for Damages

For your convenience, there are three ways you can submit your claim.