Vice Mayor Ray Marquez
Ray Marquez was elected to the Chino Hills City Council in a special election held in March of 2013 to fill the vacancy created by the resignation of former City Council Member Bill Kruger. Ray served the remainder of that term and was re-elected in 2014. He served his first term as Mayor in 2017. Ray has been an active volunteer, civic leader, and realtor in the community since 1984. He was a member of the Chino Hills Incorporation Committee, which sought to establish Chino Hills as a City. Ray also served as a member of the City’s Planning Commission from 1992 to 1994, and the Parks and Recreation Commission from 1994 to 2006. He also served as an elected Board Member for the Chino Valley Independent Fire District from 2006 until he was elected to the Chino Hills City Council in 2013.
Vice Mayor Marquez lives in District 1 and was elected to represent this District in the November 6, 2018 General Municipal Election. He, like all other Council Members, takes pride in serving his District, and the entire Chino Hills community. Together they continue to guide policy and make decisions for the overall good of the community.
Current Term of Office
City Council Committee Involvement
- Cal Cities
- Board of Directors
- Public Safety Policy Committee, Vice Chair
- Latino Caucus Board of Directors
- Legislative Task Force
- Cal Cities Inland Empire Division
- Executive Board of Directors
- City of Chino Hills Committees
- Chino Hills Fire Facility Needs ad hoc Committee
- Transportation ad hoc Committee
- San Bernardino County Airports Commission
- Vice Chair
- San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA)
- Board of Directors
- Metro Valley Committee
- Mobile Source Air Pollution Reduction Review Committee (MSRC)
- State Route 91 Advisory Committee
- Transit Committee, Chair
- Southern California Association of Governments
- Legislative/Communications & Membership Committee
- Regional Council Board, District Number 10
- Scholarship Committee
- Transportation Committee
- Southern California Regional Rail Authority/Metrolink Board of Directors
- Contracts, Operations, Maintenance, and Safety Committee
- Prado Basin Regional Committee
- Tres Hermanos Conservation Authority
- California Institution for Men Citizens’ Advisory Committee
- California Institution for Women Citizens’ Advisory Committee
Currently, Ray’s community involvement and affiliations include serving on the San Bernardino County Airports Commission; Y.M.C.A Board of Managers; Carbon Canyon Fire Safe Council; Hope for the Hills; and the Greater Chino Hills Rotary Club. He has also served as a Salvation Army TLC Advisory Board Member, Chino Centennial Advisory Committee member, President of the Canyon Hills Little League for three years, Head Coach for A.Y.S.O, Athletic Director for Junior All-American Football, a member of the Ayala High School Wrestling Booster Club, and has volunteered on the Chino Hills Citizens Patrol.
Ray was instrumental in the Chino Valley Independent Fire District (CVIFD) receiving the first-ever "District of Distinction" accreditation. In addition, he earned Silver Recognition from the Special District Leadership Foundation for completing a Special District Leadership Academy.
Ray retired from the City of Santa Fe Springs Fire Department in July of 2009 after a 28-year career. Ray is a California licensed Realtor and Broker working with Advantage Real Estate in Chino Hills.
Ray Marquez and his wife, Barbara were married in 1983 and moved to Chino Hills in 1984. They have three grown children Patrick, Rey, and Andrew. Ray says he feels very fortunate to have been able to raise his family in such a great City, and he loves the great sense of community in Chino Hills. In his personal life, Ray enjoys spending time with his family, which has grown to include son Patrick’s wife Kerry, and five grandchildren.